The One Lovely Blog Award.
Hope your all feeling good. It was such a glorious day today, it actually felt like Spring was here, finally. The sun was out the whole day and it felt good. I just can’t wait for summer now 🙂
So, another nice little surprise was that i have been nominated for, The One Lovely Blog Award by the lovely Painted Lady. Thank you very much and also for the really nice comments too. Its lovely to have great followers like yourself.
I was also nominated this week to do the Leibster award. As i have only recently done this for Proper Sweetie, i think it’s a little too soon after it to be doing another one. If you want to read my questions and answers to that then click here.
The rules of this award are:
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Add the “One Lovely Blog Award” image to your post.
- Share 7 things about you.
- Pass the award on to seven nominees
- Include this set of rules
- Inform your nominees by posting a comment on their blogs.
7 facts about me are:
1. I used to be terrified of makeup. Yes you read it right. In a former life, i was a Pastry Chef. Unable to wear a lot of makeup, nail polish etc. i would only apply a bit of concealer, blush and mascara to make me look human in the morning. After leaving this industry many years later; i suddenly discovered makeup and nail polish.
I was hopeless at first, in applying eyeshadow and would just opt for one nude shade across the lid. Over the last two years though, its been great discovering new shades, experimenting with colours, such as purples and golds and playing with it. Its a new adventure and i love it. I have learned so much from watching people like Lisa Eldridge, who is my favourite makeup artist and now, i am no longer living in fear of applying a bold eyeshadow because as long as it suits your skin and eye colour and you blend it well then, you can’t go wrong.
2. I wanted to be a Psychologist. I love people watching and i like to know what makes a person tick. Its a fascinating subject and if i hadn’t gone back to uni as a mature student, i would be working in that area now. There are no regrets though; i have had a great journey so far and will save that one for the next life instead!
3. I have two gorgeous cats who i love very much; Billy and Lucky. They are proper little characters and i believe animals are family members too.
4. I love writing. That may seem like a silly statement to make being a blogger; however, some bloggers are interested in taking the perfect photograph and applying a minimal amount of written detail. I prefer the writing side of it, but i understand that photo’s are also integral to the story. I may write a book yet.
5. I have been very fortunate in my life to have done a bit of travelling but one box i want to tick before i am too old, is a tour around the West Coast of the USA. I really want to visit San Francisco and the Grand Canyon.
6. I love spicy food. Curry’s, Mexican, you name it. I can’t get enough of it and the hotter the better. My love of spicy food came from my wonderful mum. She used to make my brother and myself curry, as children. She would often forget how much curry powder to add and would put a tablespoon in instead of a teaspoon sometimes. We would literally have steam coming out of our ears. I find it funny when people say a korma is hot.
7. I have two spirit guide drawings in my bedroom, which freak people out hehehe……………………….. 😉
There you have it.
My 7 nominees are in no particular order and as follows;
- http://www.propersweetie.wordpress.com I just think she is a lovely person and has been there from the start. i love her nail art, (i wish i was good at it). She does very interesting posts and i like a lot of what she reviews.
- http://www.beautybliss14.com. I think her posts are great because they touch on subjects that affect all women about insecurity and fears. I enjoy her reviews on beauty products too and she is a very confident writer. It’s been great getting to know her.
- http://www.fashionforlunch.wordpress.com. I love her sense of style. Gorgeous designer clothes, accessories and those Chanel pearls and Bag…… I also enjoy the reviews on beauty items and accessories which are not mainstream and yet, great quality. Very impressive blog from a daring lady.
- http://www.kaslovesmakeup.wordpress.com. Always keeps me up to date with the latest beauty releases. I always check in with her to find out whats going on in the beauty world. A very nice lady too.
- http://www.catalinacan.wordpress.com. Does great previews of up and coming releases about high end makeup, which is my ultimate great love. She also writes about high end products i would not normally try out either; however, i am more open to, when i read her reviews.
- http://www.mylifeinrouge.wordpress.com. I like her great in depth reviews and she shares exactly the same taste in perfume as myself. She also writes on the history of the beauty items which i find interesting and its great to know the inspiration behind the product itself.
- http://www.milkwithnosugar.wordpress.com.Max has a Lovely blog. Book reviews, in depth beauty reviews with lots of comparative products and fantastic recipes. Those chocolate brownies with sour cherries and cranberries look fantastic and i plan to make them.
Check out these great blogs when you get a minute and i will see you all soon. 😉