Dior Golden Winter Holiday Makeup Collection 2013……………5 Coleurs Eyeshadow Palette, 644 Golden Snow.
I just adore Dior at the moment. The Golden Winter Holiday collection just tops all the holiday makeup this year, even giving my beloved Chanel a run for their money.
I bought the Diorific lipstick, 046 Minuit and reviewed it here; and had to have the 5 Coleurs Couture Eyeshadow palette, 644 Golden Snow as the colours are very stunning. I also bought the waterproof eyeliner stylo, 738 Rosy Gold to compliment the palette. Review is coming.
I have not often been over impressed with Dior eyeshadow palettes of the past. I found that they had a ton of shimmer; which, for the more mature eyes, is not a great look. I was very impressed with the charcoal shade in this palette though, because it has very minimal micro shimmer to it and is also highly pigmented as shown in the Golden Winter video.
They apply very smoothly and as ever, are finely milled. There is plenty of pigmentation and blending them out was a breeze. The palette offers enough shades to create a whole host of looks as well as an instruction leaflet. There are also two double ended sponge brushes but i have never used these in any palette yet.
Eyeshadow Colours include;
1. White/Silver highlighting shade. This colour represents snow when it is being hit by light. Iridescent with plenty of sparkle and only a tiny amount is needed to place under the centre of the brow and the inner corners of the eye.
2. Pale shimmering pink. I added this one to the first colour to give a bit of colour to my highlighter. It is largely another highlighting shade with plenty of shimmer and applies very smoothly.Can be used over the whole lid for a day time look.
3. Mauve/lilac with shimmer. Great for all over the eyelid and in the socket to create a daytime look with the two shades above. It is very well pigmented and again, incredibly smooth. A fantastic colour for green eyes.
4. Charcoal with micro silver shimmer. My favourite colour in the whole palette. Great for socket and as a liner. Blends out like a dream and fantastic pigmentation to create a lovely smokey eye or blend out to make a mid toned grey shade.
5. Burnished gold. This is the only shade which is not highly pigmented but is more to apply over the other eyeshadows to finish the look, as the video demo shows. It has plenty of gold glitter in it.
The eyeshadows stayed put for the 4 hours i wore them and didn’t crease in my eye even though i was not wearing an eye primer. The colours are very beautiful and all compliment each other. The whole five shades can be worn at once too.
This is not a palette for everyone but more for blue. grey and green eyes. The Golden Flower is going to suit brown and hazel eyes more and darker skin tones.
My only gripe from me is that, i still wish Dior would calm the shimmer in some of their 5 coleurs eyeshadow palettes because at least one completely matte shade would have made it my eyeshadow palette of the year; although, i understand why Dior wanted the metallic finish, as it fits in well with the theme of the whole collection
It still made it my second favourite eyeshadow palette of the year due to it’s beautiful, complimentary colours, the first being The Chanel Ombres Matelassées, Charming, because Chanel mixed satin, matte and shimmer all in one palette.
I am very happy with my purchase and even more so because, it was sold out in John Lewis and Debenhams, (it’s limited edition) i bought it at http://www.escentual.com for £32.00 and not the £40.00 it retails everywhere else. Chuffed!!
Did you buy this palette? Have a fantastic Christmas, if you celebrate it and i will see you all soon.